Our massage therapists will soothe your sore muscles, ease tension, and calm your mind. They customize their techniques in response to your needs based on your muscle pain and tension level. Massage increases oxygen rich blood supply to deficient areas throughout the body, releasing the grasp of tight muscles and their nerves and freeing the connective tissues which bind the muscles they surround. This will aid in leaving you relaxed, calm, and pain free.
There’s no denying the power of bodywork. Regardless of the adjectives we assign to it (pampering, rejuvenating, therapeutic) or the reasons we seek it out (a luxurious treat, stress relief, pain management), massage therapy can be a powerful ally in your healthcare regimen.
The incredible benefits of massage are doubly powerful if taken in regular “doses.”
What exactly are the benefits of receiving massage or bodywork treatments? Useful for all of the conditions listed below and more, massage can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling. Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and over-used muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
Taking part in this form of regularly-scheduled self-care can play a huge part in how healthy you’ll be and how youthful you’ll remain with each passing year. Budgeting time and money for bodywork at consistent intervals is truly an investment in your health. And remember: just because massage feels like a pampering treat doesn’t mean it is any less therapeutic. Consider massage appointments a necessary piece of your health and wellness plan, and we’ll work with you to establish a treatment schedule that best meets your needs.
$65 per hour
$90 per hour and a half
*add aromatherapy to your session for an additional $10
*seasonal & heal specific aromatherapy available
Will My Insurance Cover Massage Or Bodywork Services?
If you are in a car accident or have a job- related injury covered by workers’ compensation, insurance may cover massage, bodywork, or somatic therapies. If your insurance covers chiropractic or osteopathic services, the services of a bodywork professional may be covered. The best thing to do is check with your insurance company to see exactly what is covered under what circumstances. If you have questions please feel free to contact us.
To set an appointment, please call 503-975-5298 or email [email protected] We look forward to working with you.
As a courtesy to our Doctors and health practitioners, the Montavilla Wellness Center will charge a rescheduling Fee to patient’s who miss their appointments with out contacting MWC more than 12 hours in advance